POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP]jewels : Re: [WIP]jewels - 1 attachment Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP]jewels - 1 attachment
From: hughes, b
Date: 22 Nov 2002 02:47:03
Message: <3ddde0f7$1@news.povray.org>
Did you forget photons for the metal ring before? Or did you switch from
regular caustics to photons for the second? That first one isn't any good
compared with the other which looks very good. Maybe the ripples seen in the
shadows aren't right but that makes it look better to me, like some
distortion in the glass might cause.

I really like that landscape. Kind of makes me think of wet crumpled
notebook paper, in a remote way of course.

Oh yeah, and your not using antialiasing yet for these since they are only
test renders I suppose. I actually didn't notice that when first looking.